Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy (Belated) Valentine's Day!


In celebration of Hallmark Day, Leland and I went to the Long Beach Aquarium (aka the "Aquarium of the Pacific").  The picture above is me petting a sting ray (with its stinger clipped), which was one of the highlights of the day.  They are ridiculously soft.  We also petted other aquatic creatures, including sharks, anemones, starfish, and sea cucumbers (yay!).  As our day was winding down we were sitting in the aquarium lobby drinking cherry coke together and they started playing this video about whales on the lobby walls.  Which was awesome, and well-timed as far as our day went.  We also spent a lot of time looking at sea lions (so cute) and all the other marine life on display.  Quite a nice day.

Earlier this week I headed back to "The Suite Life" to visit my cousin Jeny (a writer on the show) and watch the run-thru of their next episode.  Everyweek the day before shooting starts they do a run-thru for the network and all the writers to see how the episode is shaping up and make notes on any final changes they want to make.  This week in particular was special since their guest star is Michael Hitchcock, notably from the Christopher Guest-directed series of mockumentaries. (the link is to his imdb listing, for those curious about him).  I'm a fan, so I was excited to see him.  He plays a guidance counselor and it was pretty darn funny if I do say so myself.

So right now I'm getting ready to go to my friend's party, since tomorrow is a holiday i.e. no school for all my high-school-senior friends.  It should be fun, some of my friends cooked what sounds like a delicious feast and it'll be a nice relaxing time for everyone (I mean, at least that's the goal!)

No comments: