Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kristin Chenoweth and Other Stuff

So, I saw Kristin Chenoweth in concert tonight at UCLA and she's such a great performer it was so much fun.  Also, she was (sad face at that WAS) on "Pushing Daisies," which, as I'm sure you can tell from how much I wrote about it when I was in NYC and had nothing to do but watch TV all day (haha) it's one of my favorite shows.  Pretty much of ever.  I mean, PIE!

Anyway, she's a great singer so that was obviously an asset in the concert, and she's also just very bubbly and funny in a surprisingly non-annoying way.  She made Christian Bale jokes!  I mean, who hasn't lately?, but I wouldn't have expected it from her.  (I really hate writing questions as the first part of a two-clause sentence with a statement as the second half, since they're such a bitch to punctuate.  so there, you get that awkie question mark since I feel it should be there.)  The short story -- the concert was good.  And it just reminded me of how sad I am that "Pushing Daisies" is cancelled :(!  Maybe they'll end up making a movie, like they did for "Dead Like Me."  Which reminds me that I need to watch that!

This Friday I went to H-W to take part in the group presentation of a laptop as a birthday gift to my friend Brittany.  Our friend Emily organized all of Brittany's friends and we each contributed around $20 to buy Brittany a MacBook for her birthday.  And, of course, her parents chipped in as well.  Her birthday may have been over a month ago, but I'm pretty sure she was pretty happy.  I mean, she cried and everything.

Then a bunch of friends and I hung out at Adam's house and went to see The International.  Shall we just say it was not exactly a great cinematic experience.  Clive Owen could do (and has done) much, much, MUCH better.  (And he so should have been the new James Bond!)

And Sunday night was the Academy Awards, which I actually didn't watch.  Instead I went to dinner with my friend Allegra (see Allegra, you get a shout out!) at Swingers, this coffee shop we have been known to frequent.  I'm a little disappointed with the whole Slumdog Millionaire sweep, since I didn't exactly love that movie (I just didn't find it emotionally affecting!  There weren't really any character arcs except the main character's older brother).  But yeah, like I said, I didn't actually watch.  Also, Leland's family friend was nominated for an Art Direction Oscar for Revolutionary Road.  Sadly she lost to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but it was still exciting in Leland's house that morning (she's based in NYC so she was staying in the guest room of la casa de Leland).  

Right now I'm prepping to tutor a 9th grader in biology tomorrow (a friend of my sister, so I know her already).  And I'm also trying to plan two trips: one to ride the transsiberian railroad (hopefully with Leland!) from Moscow to Beijing, and one to drive to New Mexico (via Phoenix, since you can't drive the whole way in a day) to visit the Carlsbad Caverns and then check out the crazy people in Roswell (I know, possibly one of the weirdest road trips ever).

In other news... it's bed time.

1 comment:

Dr. Zeuss said...

you punctuated the question clause perfectly, nothing but respect for people who type "?,".