Friday, March 6, 2009

College? No, Thank You!

This week has been full of college.  Which is exactly what I don't want in my life.

Monday and Tuesday were spent at USC.  I finally visited their new film school building and it was absolutely awe-inspiring.  Just, wow.  I also visited my friends Natasha and Leon.  On my way out I heard someone call my name, and I turned around so see Simon, this guy who went to a summer program at the New York Film Academy with me in 2006.  It turns out that he goes to USC and is planning a road trip up the California coast for spring break.  I can't remember where he's from but I feel like it might be from somewhere in CA like Sacramento or something.  Anyway, it was super random to run into him but kinda cool and I think we're gonna have lunch at some point in the near future to catch up.

Then it was off to Chicago/really Evanston for a brief visit to Northwestern.  I met my friend Taylor for coffee and before she got there I ran into my friend Danny who just graduated from high school with me.  I'd kinda forgotten that he goes to NU, so that was another nice little surprise.  Later I had dinner with my friend Julian at this really cute Asian noodle place, which was great.  We hung out at his dorm for a little while, then I headed back to the hotel since I needed to wake up early today to fly home.

While we (my mom and I) were in the Chicago area we went to check out this new musical called Million Dollar Quartet.  It's about this night when Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, and Jerry Lee Lewis happened to all show up at the Sun Records recording studio and had a jam session that was later released as a record, with the group billed as the "million dollar quartet."  The show was good, with the guy playing Jerry Lee Lewis far and away the best cast member.  The music is, of course, really fun.  I think they're developing this show to take it to New York.

Tonight I'm seeing Watchmen, which is why I made sure I was home by this afternoon.  I'm pretty excited, but that excitement is waning as the reviews come in.  Especially reviews from people like Julian, who is a big fan of the comic book/"graphic novel," and still didn't like the movie.  We'll see.

No comments: