Saturday, March 14, 2009

Holdin' Out For a HERO

Right now I'm stage managing the Dance Concert at my high school, which is a little weird.  Especially considering that two members of the student crew happen to be two of my really close friends.  It makes me feel weird and kinda old but at the same time very deja vu-y.  There was even a moment before rehearsal earlier this week when I was hanging out with Leland and literally felt like I hadn't even graduated.  (The title of the post is a reference to the dance concert's theme, by the way). 

I got my Harvard-Westlake paycheck yesterday, which makes me a little upset that I didn't win "Most Likely to Come Back and Work at H-W" last year for superlatives.  Whatevs.

In other, celebrity-spotting news (OK, I used to always secretly be sad that I never "spotted" celebrities in L.A. all the time, and now I do and it's just funny) -- on Thursday I was sitting in the Coffee Bean near H-W and I'm pretty sure Lisa Rinna walked in (although in all honesty I don't really have the clearest picture of her in my head to compare to).  AND THEN, and this is the exciting part, MACKENZIE PHILLIPS walks in.  Mackenzie Phillips is a musician/singer and was arrested recently (within the past year I think) for cocaine possession and did rehab and stuff.  But MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY, she played the role of Molly Phillips on the Disney Channel show "SO WEIRD," which is the greatest Disney Channel show of all time (no offense to "The Suite Life"), and which I also just rewatched the entire series of while I was in NYC (which I'm sure I mentioned while I was there).  So that was a VERY random and exciting celebrity sighting for me.

AND my family went to see Pippin tonight, and guess who was there?  NPH!  I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't completely jealous.

Other than that, I'm working on the dance concert which has had two performances so far with one more to go tomorrow.  And then I think I have an internship lined up for tomorrow.

No comments: