Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Saw (quite a bit of) the Naked Cowboy

I'm in the city this weekend again since my plans for going to Harvard got a little screwed up (I've been trying to arrange a meeting with the head of their arts office but I haven't been able to get anything set up yet).  It's probably better this way, anyway, since I'm feeling really sick tonight.  I went to MoMA and the Natural History Museum and did some shopping at Bloomingdale's.  I was going to walk down 5th Avenue and window-shop a little and get some ice cream in Trump Tower (one of my weirdest favorite NYC things...), but I decided to just explore Bloomingdale's a little, which was a good choice since then it started raining.  I just saw some lightning, then heard some thunder, but only one of each.

Friday at work I had to go to the Times Square area to pick up some flyers from one of the sponsors of The Public's Native Theater Festival, and I also stopped by my dad's company's offices (he's not in town right now) to chat with Beth Williams, the COO.  I also stopped in one of the many many sketchy electronics stores in the area to get a 4 gig memory card for my camera since I'd left it in the card reader YET AGAIN, and I figured it'd be nice to have a second card anyway for any future endeavors.  Then I wandered around Times Square a little bit, and I saw the Naked Cowboy for the second time ever, and the first time with a camera!
He performs songs such as "mommas, don't let your sons grow up to be naked cowboys," and takes pictures with awkward tourists who run up to him.  I know about him because he auditioned for the first season of "American Idol" (lord knows why I still remember ANYTHING about the first season of "American Idol," but I remember the rejection of this guy very clearly).  What a crazy fellow.
I also went to the Union Square Farmer's Market again, but with my camera this time.  There was a lot of interesting items of vegetation:
And there was a little station set up by a cat shelter and they had such cute tiny little kittens.  I'm so sad I'm not allowed to have a kitty here (and take it home with me in December, of course), because I could really use some company.  Especially if the company looks like this:

Tomorrow at The Public they're doing a dress rehearsal of "Road Show" that's open to Public employees, so I RSVP'd yes and we'll see if I feel up to it.  I'm pretty sure I'll end up going, since it's a great opportunity, but I do feel terrible and I have some stuff I really need to take care of.  So yeah, we'll see.




No comments: