Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 31, 2008

It's New Year's Eve, and I'm going to Leland's house tonight so I won't get another chance to post in 2008, so I'm taking the opportunity now.  I still have a lot to write about re: the end of my time at The Public and in NYC, but for now I have just a few things to say.

First of all, I ran into one of my teachers from 7th grade in the Ralph's parking lot today.  Crazy.

Today I also tried to go to the post office, but the doors were literally locked.  I got there JUST after 4:00 PM, and on the door it said they closed at 5:30 Monday through Friday.  But the doors were locked.  It listed holidays, and today was not one of them, so, thanks Post Office for being a jerk.  But I went to the nearby Kinko's and Fed-Ex'ed what I needed to send, and the guy there was nice, I didn't have to wait in a long line, and it was pretty cheap, so I'm not that upset.

Finally, is there like a law somewhere that states that all 7/11s have to be super sketchy?  I was driving in Westwood today, which is the area of Los Angeles near UCLA and is a pretty nice, clean area, and I passed the 7/11 and it just looked so sketchy.  Is it in the franchise agreement that the location has to be the seediest lot on the block?

No comments: