Tuesday, December 9, 2008

By the Way, Racism

So in my last post I talked about going to see The 39 Steps on Broadway last Thursday. Well I forgot to write about this incident:

The family behind me all had their cell phones start ringing one after the other during the first act, and it was INCREDIBLY annoying. Finally, the girl sitting next to me turned around and hissed "Shut your phone!" at them. The family seemed to be trying to turn their phones off (I hope so, anyway, and they should have at least been silent to begin with), but then one of them got a text message and it made a noise again. The girl next to me turned to the friend she was with and said about the family, who happened to be Indian, "They're either stupid or about to blow us up."

I was so appalled by this I don't even want to start. I mean, yeah, they were really, really obnoxious with their cell phones and I was pissed, but really, lady? Seriously?

No comments: