Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Road Show - Take Two

I went to see Road Show again tonight with Zoe.  They've changed a lot since the dress rehearsal, which was the last time I saw it.  They even added a new song to help establish the relationship between the two brothers/main characters.  I talked to Michael Cerveris afterwards and he said that the new song was added a week before the opened, so that's pretty intense for the two men to learn and everything.  There were some props added that gave it a little more sparkle, but it still wasn't amazing.  The music is good, very Sondheim-y, but I just can't get over how similar to Assassains some of the themes are!  But that's my own problem so... yeah.  Like I said, we talked to Michael Cerveris afterwards for a few minutes.  Once again he was very nice, and looks so different offstage than on!  He asked me if I was an actress/singer person, which I guess is fair since I work in a theater.  He isn't the first person to ask me that recently either.  That guy Isaac I met while flying home for Thanksgiving also asked me if I was an actress (although I think that's because I looked vaguely familiar).  Anyway, maybe I give off actress vibes?  Also, apparently Zoe's NYC-based voice teacher coached Michael Cerveris for something at some point.  The voice teacher was at the show tonight but didn't stick around afterwards so I'm not sure exactly what the connection is.  But yeah, they know each other somehow.  Anyway, it's pretty much my bed time so good night everybody!

No comments: