Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh Yeah

So here is something interesting(ish) I forgot to mention in my post about last Thursday:

Before going in to The 39 Steps I wandered over to Rockefeller center to take some pictures of the tree (up online here), and I popped into the J. Crew store to look for a Christmas gift for my friend.  I didn't find a gift, but I did see a woman getting taken out of the store/handcuffed by policemen.  She was probably shoplifting.  Some girls in the store were talking about it amongst themselves and they said she was kinda standing in the corner doing god knows what/acting sketchy, so yeah I'm guessing shoplifting.

Today was not the most exciting day at work, I was just working on my usual stuff.  But at the end of the day there was a meet-and-greet (like I've mentioned before), and this time it was for Mandy Patinkin's concert series.  He's rotating three concerts, one featuring yiddish songs, one featuring general Broadway music, and one featuring the Sondheim songbook.  I'm going to the Sondheim one this Thursday.  Anyway, there was sadly no food at this meet-and-greet (although that was probably good, since I was about to leave for dinner), but we all circled up and introduced ourselves.  Apparently the last time Mandy Patinkin performed at The Public was 20 years ago.  He gave this speech to the assembled staff people that was very heartfelt, mostly about his friendship with Joe Papp (founder of The Public).  It was pretty cool.

After that it was time to go so I walked up to Union Square and met up with Madeleine.  We went to dinner at an NYU dining hall and the food was surprisingly good and the space very nice.  It was fun.  We also saw some of her friends I'd met before, and some new people I met tonight.  Also cool.

So I have stuff to do and I'm watching House, so I'll catch you all later!

1 comment:

Max-e said...

Hi Annie, thanks for visiting the Max Files. In amswer to your question, yes all the pictures are my own. I might occassionally borrow one from my wife, like the vehicle in the man-speak post.
If only our crimes were limited to an occasional shoplifting incident. At the moment we are honing in on drug dealers in our area and will start exposing the buyers next.