Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Last Wednesday was the first time in a while I've flown out of JFK airport and something horrible hasn't happened to me that day.  Hooray!  I was in business class because we'd booked it enough in advance that business class wasn't too many miles, so I got good food and a comfy seat.  I met this guy named Isaac who was sitting next to me.  He's about two years out of USC where he majored in business, and he and his friends founded a nonprofit called Save the Brain, which raises money for brain tumor research.  He commutes back and forth between L.A. and NYC about once a month.  He thought I looked familiar, asking me if I was an actress, but we might have just commuted on the same flight before.  Anway, I got in early and went home and slept which was AMAZING!!

I had to get up early on Thursday (well... early-ish) to make pies.  My mom made pumpkin and this weird pudding/cool whip/pumpkin filling pie, while I made pecan, chocolate pecan, apple, and dutch apple.  I felt very much like my hero, The Piemaker on Pushing Daisies.  For dinner we went to my friend Jayson's house (yes, the same Jayson that stayed with me here in NYC).

Friday night I went to Leland's house for "leftovers night," this thing his family hosts where everyone brings over and shares their Thanksgiving leftovers.  We, of course, brought TONS of pie.  It was a lot of fun and I got to see Leland and a bunch of other friends which was great.

Saturday was boring and stressful, then Sunday afternoon I flew back to NYC.  Today at work I saw a reading of a play called Agunah, which was written by this woman named Karen who works at The Public.  It was mostly about Orthodox Judaism.

And tonight I finished something super stressful, so that's a big load off my shoulders.  Yay!

No comments: