Monday, November 10, 2008

Bad Day?

Ok, so, I've had a lot of good days that ended badly (like this past Thursday and Halloween), but today was a day that started out terrible (really busy at work + really really tired... which isn't being helped by me staying up WAY too late right now) and ended pretty well. I was trudging to the door at the end of the day literally falling asleep on my feet and I walk past this guy who looks familiar... I try to check it out casually, and it's Mandy Patinkin lounging on the couch in the reception area and talking to someone (I don't remember who)!! Mandy Patinkin is awesome! He's doing some concerts at The Public this fall and I'm really excited to go to them! Then I had dinner with my Aunt Linda which was surprisingly fun and VERY delicious (we ate at this restaurant called Island on Madison between 93rd and 92nd).

I got there a bit early, and asked if I could wait at the bar. After I didn't order anything, the girl manning the bar got snippy with me and kinda forced me into getting a table. I was STARVING and I was sitting there staring at my bread roll frantically drinking the coke I felt pressured into ordering wishing for Aunt Linda to show up. But then she did and it was all good. The roll was excellent, then I had apple/butternut squash soup which was very warm (GREAT on such a cold night) and had little apple chunks in it which were delicious, a hamburger as my main course (also excellent, every once in a while an expensive burger is worth it. And this one was only moderately expensive, as opposed to the $20 burger at the Marriott Marquis hotel restaurant in the 8th floor lobby), and then we shared a warm brownie with vanilla gelato on top for dessert -- AMAZING. I definitely recommend this restaurant if you want an upscale but still fairly casual night out.

Bed time.

No comments: