Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Road Show Party

Last night was the opening night party for Road Show, the new/revamped Sondheim show I've mentioned before that's playing at The Public. Interns and lower level staff weren't invited to the actual show, since the theater is pretty small, but I met up with my fellow interns (and their plus ones; I was unable to find a plus one that didn't have rehearsal that night) and hung out at the party. I finally formally met Michael Cerveris! I went up to him, introduced myself ("Hi, I'm Annie, we've microwaved together"), and he seemed pleased to be meeting me and remembered our microwave encounters. Success at not being shy and awkard on my part.

We also talked to John Doyle for a few seconds, just to congratulate him, but he got whisked away before we could get into any kind of real conversation.

The party was in a venue kinda the opposite of the venue for the Billy Elliott party (part warehouse, part castle, all cavernous). This was in the Union Square ballroom, which is big enough for a decent-sized party, but by no means an enormous venue. It's more... bar-mitzvah sized, less on the Grand Ball scale. Unless you know someone who's had an extremely lavish bar-mitzvah.

Today was a pretty normal work day (scanning, a little bit of filing). Oh! No, I remember feeling like this was a particularly good day in little ways, like finding a Metro Card with $7.00 on it in my coat pocket, and having some really good chicken tenders at this diner a few blocks from work, and just little stuff like that. I've also scored big on the free merch this week at work, first getting a Road Show opening night special thermos thing, then a Native Theater Festival notebook for working on that.

Now I have to finish my book and head off to bed (probably the earliest I'll have gone to sleep in a while, not gonna lie).

No comments: