Friday, November 21, 2008

Frozen Fingers!

Tonight my friend Emily and her friend Kali from college at Case Western showed up to stay with me. (And by "showed up" I mean this was planned about a month in advance). We decided to order in both pizza and Chinese food (twice as delicious!), then we watched the new episode of my cousin's show ("The Suite Life on Deck"), then we went out to the Empire State Building. It was EMPTY, which was wonderful! :) We walked right through up to the ticket counter, and tried to purchase youth tickets (12-17, and $2 cheaper than regular tickets). The lady demanded ID. She started accusing us of stuff. I didn't HAVE ID on me, otherwise I would have presented my old student ID and gotten the discount.
(My high school ID just says "2008" on it, indicating my year of graduation, but it could easily indicate the year it was issued). The lady kept demanding ID and being mean about it, and saying that we shouldn't say we're youth when we're not and that three "youths" shouldn't be walking around alone that late at night. First of all, if tomorrow is my 18th birthday, today I'm youth, tomorrow I'm not, but I change just about not at all as a person. Also, if I'm younger I'm less likely to have ID than if I'm older, since I can't get a driver's license and, although almost every school does now, not EVERY school gives an ID. Whatever. We made it to the top:
And then we went outside, where it was WINDY and COLD, especially since it's 86 stories up!I stupidly did not wear gloves.
The picture above is me cringing in pain after coming inside. My hands were so cold it actually hurt to warm them up!
Mirror picture! With lovely NYC lights in the background.
And, of course, our visit concluded with the obligatory trip to the gift shop! (we purchased nothing, of course, but did have some fun in there!)

Tomorrow is our Times Square adventure. Huzzah!

No comments: